Our precious "buds"

Our precious "buds"
We love our boys! And our little Princess!!!

Beautiful Fall! Cooler weather, bright colors! Pumpkins and Spices!

"All things bright and beautiful, all creatures great and small, all things wise and wonderful, the Lord God made them all"







Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Mother's Day

I have a love/hate relationship with Mother's day! Love it because I get to think and thank my mom and my grandma, and many other women I love and admire. They are such great examples to me. My mom is a very strong woman. She is very talented, she sees a dress and she can make it! She also crochets and makes quilts. Those are talents that I would love to develop! She also loves to read and learn. Her days raising us, her children, were very hard. We had very limited resources, but somehow she made do with what she had and we survived! She did the best she could and is still a good example to me. I spent a lot of time with my grandma. I honestly can't remember my grandma ever being mad or impatient with me. I want to be that kind of grandma. This year I also loved mother's day because I was able to talk to all my children on the phone. Manny and Danny from the mission field! I enjoyed hearing them talk to each other. It was so good to hear from the new moms in the family: Titi, Karsen and Raquel! I just love my girls, their boys and their babies! They made me a grandma last year and that is one of the best things that ever happened to me. And you girls - Titi, Karsen and Raquel - are such good mothers! I look at you all in amazement and with a great deal of admiration.

On Mother's day I also remember many great women who have influenced me. I have been inspired, loved, cared and taught by many women! They have blessed my life and my children's lives. We women have that ability/gift: We can bless those around us, even if they are not our own children!

On the other hand, mother's day is for some reason the time I always take inventory of what I have done as a mother, and oh! so much to improve, so many things I wish I had done better or differently! We are always hardest with ourselves than with others! I'm sure this is the case with most mothers. It is good to see where we can improve, but I think I need to learn to do it some other time of the year! That will give me licence to enjoy more fully the love my family showers on me on Mother's day! Good goal for next year!

1 comment:

  1. you're a great mom.......stop being hard on yourself........i hope to be like you. really!!!! i love you!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete