Our precious "buds"

Our precious "buds"
We love our boys! And our little Princess!!!

Beautiful Fall! Cooler weather, bright colors! Pumpkins and Spices!

"All things bright and beautiful, all creatures great and small, all things wise and wonderful, the Lord God made them all"







Monday, May 17, 2010

My Dear Abuelita Juanita




Today I took my abuelita Juanita to the Airport for her trip back to Guatemala. She was so sad to leave and I was so sad she was leaving. We both cried! She is such a good example to me. There is peace around her. She surely knows how to control her tongue at the right time! I want to be more like her! She is a hard, hard, hard worker, I also want to be more like that! Even when she has so much pain on her knees, she finds work and does it. She hates to sit down! She always tells me that the day she doesn't get out of bed will be the day she dies. I always think of a song that tells that to make some people kneel down you have to cut their legs, but she doesn't have problems kneeling down-figuratively speaking, she is very humble already- but I have a hard time trying to get her to sit down and rest, that is almost impossible. I hope to see her soon again! She will be 88 years old this coming October, no grey hairs yet! (No, she doesn't color her hair!) Here she is with me (her grand daughter), Titi (her great grand daughter) and Reggie (her great great grandson) Too bad my mom (her daughter) was not here when we took this picture, we would have had the five living generations in this picture. I'm "working hard" to be more like her!

No comments:

Post a Comment