Our precious "buds"

Our precious "buds"
We love our boys! And our little Princess!!!

Beautiful Fall! Cooler weather, bright colors! Pumpkins and Spices!

"All things bright and beautiful, all creatures great and small, all things wise and wonderful, the Lord God made them all"







Sunday, January 30, 2011

Trip to the South - First Stop - Lima, Peru

I was lucky to be able to go to South America with Oscar! He is working and I am his traveling companion. We flew from Miami Airport to Lima Peru. We arrived very late in the night. I was nervous to just get in a taxi to take us to the hotel. But Oscar has been doing this same thing long enough to know what is the safest way to do things. I am grateful for all the protection Oscar has received during the 25 years he has been traveling for business almost every other week. We stayed in a hotel by the ocean. Across the street from the hotel was a very modern shopping center, built right by the sea. It was really nice.













Before we left home I did some research about the temples in the countries we would visit. I got the addresses, telephone numbers, and all the other information I thought I could need.













I took a taxi to the Lima Peru Temple while Oscar was having some business meetings. The temple is really small. The session I participated was full - 25 people total!!

We invited my friends, Rosy and Andres Ramos, to have dinner with us in the plaza accross from the hotel. I was friends with them in Guatemala, before any of us was married. It was so fun to reconnect with them. Andrés works as Director of Temporal Affairs for the church, so he is responsible for the physical condition of chapels and temples, right now in some three or four countries in South America. I was so excited to see them and for Oscar to meet them, I forgot to take a picture with them!! :( But here is a picture of Oscar and I at top level of the shopping center.

After dinner we said good bye to our friends and quickly went to the airport, only to find out our flight to Sao Paolo, Brazil was delayed four hours!!

No comments:

Post a Comment